Gym Instructor Course – Level 2
If you are keen to take those first steps into the fitness industry then this qualification could be the start to your fitness career. A mix of home based study and 3 Intensive Training Days plus an Assessment day at a centre near you.
Please Note if you already have Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology qualification you will only need to take the practical units on this course and assessment. Please call our advisors for information and course prices.
What you will learn
- Identify the major bones, muscles and muscle actions of the body
- Explain the workings of the bodies cardiovascular (CV) and energy systems
- Identify the components and principals of fitness
- How to relate the Health and Safety at Work Act to the gym environment
- Identify excellent teaching skills in order to deliver safe and effective exercise programmes
- Identify good customer care and strategies for the adoption and maintenance of physical activity
- How to plan, teach and evaluate a gym programme
- Demonstrate good personal technique on a range of CV equipment, fixed resistance, free weights and body weight exercises.
- How to apply specific health checks
- Apply basic skills that will enable you to include older adults, disabled and antenatal and post-natal client groups in your sessions.
How you will be assessed
A combination of practical and written assessment methods including
- Practical – you will be required to bring one helper for your practical assessment
- Multiple choice theory papers
What you Qualify with
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym Based Exercise)
- 20 REPs points/Entry to REPs at Level 2
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone with a keen interest in fitness wanting to take their hobby into a part/full time rewarding career
Home Study 3 Intensive days including assessment
Exercises in small groups and alone
Trainer and group feedback