Exercise to Music – Level 2
The Level 2 Exercise to Music course allows you to use your personality to inspire different ages and abilities by either working in a gym or freelance, delivering a number of classes as well as boosting your income and enjoying the flexibility to work around your existing lifestyle. The emphasis on freestyle teaching allows you to express your creativity and imagination confidently when delivering a studio class.
A mix of home based study and 3 Intensive Training Days plus an Assessment day at a centre near you.
Please Note if you already have Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology qualification you will only need to take the practical units on this course and assessment. Please call our advisors for information and course prices.
What you will learn
- Identify the major bones, muscles and muscle actions of the body
- Explain the workings of the bodies cardiovascular (CV) and energy systems
- Identify the components and principals of fitness
- How to relate the Health and Safety at Work Act to the gym environment
- Identify excellent teaching skills in order to deliver safe and effective exercise programmes
- Identify good customer care and strategies for the adoption and maintenance of physical activity
- How to plan, teach and evaluate a ETM session
- Demonstrate good personal technique and form when teaching a session
- How to apply specific health checks
- Apply basic skills that will enable you to include older adults, disabled and antenatal and post-natal
- Design free-style choreography
- Work to the beat, phrase and/or rhythm of a variety of music styles
How you will be assessed
A combination of practical and written assessment methods including
- Practical – you will be required to bring two helpers for your practical assessment
- Multiple choice theory papers
What you Qualify with
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise to Music)
- 20 REPs points/Entry to REPs at Level 2
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone with a keen interest in fitness wanting to take their hobby into a part/full time rewarding career, teaching classes either in a club or freelance
Preferred max 12-14
Exercises in small groups and alone
Trainer and group feedback