Diploma in Exercise Referral – Level 3
The Diploma in Exercise Referral teaches you to use exercise as a tool to get clients lives back on track after an illness and improve their well-being. With the growing number of referral schemes from GPs local authorities and the private sector, this specialism is not only high in demand but rewarding and profitable. This course will train you to adapt and deliver exercise and healthy eating programmes for different health conditions. You will become an expert in the exercise referral process whilst also learning about the UK health care system.
What you will learn
- How to apply appropriate exercise strategies to different medical conditions
- Understanding a range of common medical conditions and how they affect exercise. Common medical conditions include, Asthma, Diabetes (Type 1&2) Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Obesity, Depression and Stress
- The current health care system in the UK and the referral process, including referral to other professionals
- How to apply the principles of healthy eating to a range of medical conditions
- How to communicate with and support clients effectively
- Adapting and delivering exercise plans for a range of medical conditions
How you will be assessed
- There are 2 assessment days with a mixture of theory and practical work
- Medical condition information sheet
- Case Study and verbal assessment
What you Qualify with
- level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- 20 REPs points
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
People who hold level 2 Gym Instructor or level 2 ETM with a interest in helping people with common illnesses, people with fitness industry experience who want to make a difference!
Home study and 3 days Intensuve training and assessment
Exercises in small groups and alone
Trainer and group feedback
2019 Dates & Locations
| 14th, 15th & 22nd September 2019
||Diploma in Exercise Referral – Level 3||Retford||£550||Book Now|